Yellow-Eyed Lola

Posted by Heidi Rose | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Last night sleeping

in a bedroom with our new kitty

Lola.


She’s always meowing

in the mornings

I thought

She could use a friend.


I brought my blanket

looking into her round harvest-moon eyes

I stroked her soft gray fur

before turning off the light.


A black silhouette

with fluffy edges

moved softly through the darkness

black paws traipsed right over me.


5:30am

Being in the same room,

meowing sounded even louder-

so much for company.


At least

now I know how she

gets up on the top bunk

(not levitation

like we originally thought)


This poem was written just yesterday for my Creative Writing portfolio.

Hope you like. :)

Comments Posted (6)

  1. Very nice poem. I'm absolute rubbish at poetry but I can appreciate it. Thanks for this!

  2. Love it! Oh Lola!

    So how does she do it?? I still think she hovers up there..

  3. It was actually very frightening, because I wasn't expecting it. She climbed onto the bedside shelf and hopped up onto the bed.

  4. the one with the books or the fridge?

  5. The one with the books.

  6. crazy! silly kitty